Thursday, November 14, 2013

Basketball Makes The World Go Round

Since the day Hector and I tied the knot, my life, for better or for worse, has been overrun by sports. Disclaimer - I knowingly got myself into this since Hector was just as passionate about sports while we were dating as he is now. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy sports like your average American, but Hector, he lives for sports - especially basketball. If he isn't busy coaching, he's watching film, if he isn't watching film, he's writing up plays, if he isn't writing up plays, he's busy catching the latest game on ESPN or listening to commentary on Sports Center. I am glad Hector has found something he's so passionate about...besides me. ;-)
 
Last night Hector got free Jazz tickets from a buddy so we headed up to the game after work. Even though we cheer for the Clippers (go Blake Griffin) we had a lot of fun! To try and save money, we ate at home before the game so we wouldn't be tempted to buy the overpriced snacks, but that failed as soon as we walked into the arena. By the time we made it to our seats, our hands were full with pretzel bits and nacho cheese sauce, bottled water, and a philly cheese steak.
 
 After the game, I convinced Hector that we needed to stop by Gourmandise and pick up some sweet pastries to compliment the salty snacks we had at the game (my dad always says I could sell a pair of roller skates to a paraplegic if I wanted to). It was a great night! I love midweek date nights! 





No comments: