Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Over the Past 30 Weeks...

I've been making a sweet baby girl in my ever growing belly. We started trying to get pregnant in September and found out we were expecting on December 9th! We had our first doctor's appointment/ultrasound on January 9th and the doctor confirmed I was 8 weeks along. Being able to see the baby during the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat for the first time was an amazing experience.

We announced to my family on Christmas Eve that we were expecting, but decided not to tell anyone else until we knew the baby's gender - it killed me to be quiet for so long and proved to be a little difficult to hide the baby bump at work!

On April 1st, we had our 20 week check up/ultrasound and found out we were having a healthy little GIRL! I was convinced that we were having a boy, but Hector and my family all thought we were having a girl - so much for mother's instinct - maybe that will kick in once the sweet babe is born!

The week leading up to the ultrasound, I thought I might be feeling the baby kick, but wasn't sure. On the day of the ultrasound, Hector and I both felt her kick and fell in love with our sweet little girl!

On April 30th, Hector's birthday nonetheless, baby girl's kicks were hard enough we could see my belly move - so adorable!

Since then, my belly's just been growing and we've been busy preparing for the arrival of baby girl. Only 68 days left until my due date...although I have a feeling she'll be a week late!

A few "fun" facts about my pregnancy thus far:

Baby girl does not like Buffalo Wild Wings - I've thrown it up every time I've eaten it while being pregnant - even past the first trimester.

My morning sickness only lasted from week 6 to week 12 and it would hit me almost every night around 1am - I felt like I was going to die - luckily it didn't last too long.

I crave pizza and frozen yogurt on a weekly basis. Pretty sure the majority of our date nights consist of Caprese Salad and Margherita Pizza from Pizzeria Limone and then frozen yogurt topped with fruit, gummy bears, and boba from U-Swirl. To say Hector is sick of pizza and frozen yogurt is an understatement.

I threw up at the Dr. office after having my blood drawn for the glucose test - me and needles do not get along.

Hector and I cannot agree on a single name for baby girl.

To celebrate the start of each new trimester, we've gone out to sushi at Tsunami (don't worry I get veggie rolls). Pretty sure this is the first meal I will be requesting after the babe is born.

Overall, I've had a love/hate relationship with pregnancy. I hated the exhaustion and morning sickness the first trimester brought, and there's certainly been some tears shed over my changing body, but I've love hearing baby girl's heartbeat at every Dr. appointment and feeling her kicks/hiccups. Hector and I are just so grateful for this opportunity we have to become parents.

 
 
8 Weeks

 


20 Weeks - It's a girl!

20 Weeks
 
22 Weeks
 
23 Weeks
24 Weeks
 
27 Weeks

29 Weeks

 
 

1 comment:

Scott & Ali said...

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! love it! so excited :)