Tuesday, July 8, 2014

34 Weeks

So long are the nights of comfortable, uninterrupted sleep. Instead they've been replaced with sleepless nights of tossing and turning and frequent bathroom trips. My energy levels have gone way down and I feel like I'm a million degrees all of the time. To combat this, I spend as much time at the pool as possible and had my first prenatal massage this past Saturday. Not sure why I waited so long to get a massage! It was the most relaxing, blissful hour of my pregnancy thus far.

I had a bit of a scare last night when I went to the bathroom and noticed some spotting. I called the on call physician at my doctor's office and was told to monitor the spotting and drink something sugary and count baby girl's kicks for an hour and then call back and report. After a blessing from Hector and one Coke later, I called the doctor back and told her baby girl kicked 16 times in 1 hour and that the spotting was very minimal. She told me everything should be fine as long as there isn't an increase in my spotting and I don't have any labor pains. Luckily I have my 34 week check-up tomorrow and confirm with my doctor that everything is ok.

Hector has been so sweet and supportive of me during this whole pregnancy journey and that has been a huge help. Every morning before he leaves the house for work he kisses my belly and tells baby girl how much he loves her. I can't wait to see Hector hold her for the first time - he's been waiting to become a daddy for a long time and it will be such a precious moment.

No comments: