Friday, October 21, 2011

Jam

Last week Hector, my sister and I drove down to Payson, Utah to pick fresh raspberries for 3.25 /pound. Growing up, my parents had a large garden and part of the upkeep was picking all of the ripe raspberries for homemade jam . Oh how I dreaded the task of picking raspberries - who knew that 10 years later I'd find myself paying money to recreate this "dreaded" experience.

We are now enjoying the fruits (literally) of our labor. Our freezer is stocked with jam for the winter, and we couldn't be happier. We will definitely have our very own garden someday to reap the benefits of growing our own produce, along with teaching our future children the importance of hard work.  


Ps...have you noticed that the majority of my blog posts are based on food...yes, we love good food! 

No comments: