Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First Christmas Tree

Last night I spent two hours at Walmart in the tree decoration aisle picking out the perfect Christmas ornaments for our Christmas tree my sister let us borrow. Two hours may seem a little long to some people, but when your husband doesn't get home from work until 7pm and your planning on popping a frozen pizza into the oven for dinner, two hours is nothing!

Although this isn't our first Christmas together as a married couple, this is the first time we've had a Christmas tree together! While picking out the ornaments, I was envisioning a perfect night of tree decorating, while sipping hot cocoa with a movie playing in the background, you know, like "they do in the movies".

Hector and I both pulled into the driveway at 7, popped the pizza in the oven, and attempted to turn on the TV, but it wouldn't turn on. Hector took a look at the back of the TV and noticed that all of the wires were bent and mangled. I then confessed that I dropped our large mirror that was hanging on the wall behind the TV the other night when putting up Christmas decorations and that it must of bent all of the wires...I was just relieved the mirror didn't break. 

Hector and I jumped in the car and headed back to Walmart to buy new wiring for the TV. As we were checking out, I noticed Hector had conveniently chosen the same check out stand with the same cashier I had checked out an hour earlier - awesome. On the way home, we stopped at Decadence for some hot cocoa and ice cream - seriously, their mango ice cream is to die for.

Once we finally made it home, Hector got the TV working again and we put on "The Artist" and started pulling out the ornaments to decorate the tree. Apparently the basic glass ball ornaments from Walmart don't come with little hangers so I had to thread each ornament onto the tree. A few hours later, Hector was asleep on the couch and I was just finishing up the tree. Although the night didn't go exactly as planned, we had a blast decorating the tree and reminiscing about past Christmases.


No comments: