Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Family Night

This week for family home evening we met up with my sister Kim and her family for dinner and a lesson on giving thanks. My sister read a cute article from the Friend magazine and then we each wrote down four what we were thankful for on paper feathers and attached them to a cute turkey my sister made out of cardstock. Sage (my 6 year old niece) said she was thankful for the president, so we asked her which one she was referring to - she responded saying, the one you voted for that tells the truth. Hmmm, she must not be referring to President Obama then! I said I was thankful for my job, the Church, family, and food. Hector said he was thankful for family, his job, me, and cereal. Yes, he takes his cereal very seriously. You do not want to get in the way of this guy and his cereal! For dessert we fried up some scones and brushed them with honey butter and powdered sugar. It was a fun evening and I'm so grateful to live close to family so we can get together often.




No comments: