Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Day of School

Tomorrow is Hector's first day of school as an official teacher! It seems like yesterday that I wrote this post about student teaching, and now he's actually getting paid to teach!

Hector and I spent all weekend preparing his classroom for Monday. We walked through Ikea for 2+ hours looking for the perfect classroom accessories (fake plant, rug, candy jar, etc. - he was very specific about what he wanted). We also managed to pick up a couple of hot dogs and cinnamon rolls from the food court. Did you know that you can get two hot dogs, a bag of chips, and soda for $2.50?

In addition to teaching English, Hector will be assisting the Speech and Debate club, and coaching the JV basketball team. He will be very involved in all school happenings, even the dances. I'll finally get the prom I never had!

Hector,

Best of luck with the upcoming school year. I know your students will love and respect you - some of the girls may even have crushes on you! You will be an excellent teacher and will provide your students with all of the right tools and skills for a successful future. Summit Academy is lucky to have you on board, and I am lucky to have you as my husband. I love you. Go Bears!

Kelli    

1 comment:

Bruna said...

you guys are the cutest!!!